Cottages at Cape Kiwanda are Oregon Coast’s most luxurious accommodations sitting atop Cape Kiwanda, the Southern most Cape along the historic three capes scenic loop. The accessible cottage overlooks an awe inspiring view of miles of un-touched sand, the saddle of The Cape, and Haystack Rock; Oregon’s tallest off-shore monolith towering over 300 feet above the ocean just a mile off-shore.
From the cottage you will have the best vantage point to watch a 100 year old tradition of launching the Dory Boats into the sea directly from the sand. Head across the street to the award-winning Pelican Pub & Brewery and enjoy a tasty craft brew on their patio. The craft brewery has won awards from around the world for their famous brews or try their house-made root beer. Take a wheelchair friendly tour of the brewery and learn how their hops earn gold medals around the globe. The Pelican Pub & Brewery also food, like pale-malt crusted salmon and fish and chips marinated in The Pelican’s Kiwanda Cream ale. Stimulus Espresso café is also across the street. They serve locally roasted coffee, light pastries, and lunches. Also located within walking distance of The Cottages at Cape Kiwanda is a mini spa with an ocean view. This mini spa is wheelchair accessible and provides massage, manicures, pedicures, and facials. Appointments are required at least 72 hours in advance.
The one fully furnished and equipped wheelchair accessible cottage is #15 in the South Starfish Building and is also pet friendly. This entirely ground floor unit can accommodate up to four people with two bedrooms each with a queen bed which have been lowered slightly to be more accommodating. There is an ocean front dining table and upon request we can remove dining chairs. The living room has leather furnishings, a gas fireplace, custom artwork, and expansive entertainment area. Upon request your concierge can arrange the cottages to accommodate your needs.
Additional Room Features
- Every door in cottage #15 is much wider to accommodate wheelchair: The door’s track to the patio maybe a barrier for some. Access to the patio is also possible via the main door.
- Closet-bar is 70” high and grab-able; from the bottom hanger it’s 62”
- Gas fireplace operated by remote control
- Bed height from floor to top is 25” with 6” underneath bed for a hoist or lift
- Several power outlets throughout the cottage
- Grab bars around the toilet and in shower
- Roll-in shower
- Roll-up master vanity sink
- Towel rack within reach by wheelchair
- Hair dryer is located in the bottom drawer of the bathroom vanity in each bathroom
- No lowered hook in bathroom for toiletries, robe, etc.