Georgia. Many of the buildings replicate a Bavarian Alpine town, creating a unique and picturesque place to stay.
The Helendorf River Inn Suite & Conference Center is located along the river and one of the rooms is wheelchair accessible with a roll-in shower.
- Pool: Indoor pool with a wheelchair accessible pool lift.
- Check-in Desk: Not lowered for wheelchair access.
- Lobby: Does not have automatic doors, but includes a small seating area for a limited continental breakfast.
- Walkway: One is directly behind the hotel along the river.
- Parking: One accessible spot near room.
- Ramp: The ramp to the room is exceptionally steep for manual wheelchair.
- Closet: Has an ironing board inside and the ability to lower the clothing bar, though may require assistance. The room also includes dresser drawers for clothes.
- Bed: Two twins beds and a reasonable height to transfer over, but may be a little low for some power wheelchairs.
- Patio: Has a ramp to minimize lip at transition, but still may cause problems as it it is not seamless.
- Curtain Rods: Were not extended and thus were difficult to reach.
- Heat/Cool System: Is located on the ground behind a small table, which makes the controls hard to access.
- Shower: Roll-in setup with a mounted bench, grab-bar and a hand-held shower nozzle. However, the nozzle is on one side of the shower and the bench is on the other making the controls very hard to reach. A non-adjustable portable bench can also be brought in, but the low height may not make it practical for some guests.
- Bathroom Amenities: Roll-up in and grab-bars around the toilet.