AutoCamp Russian River is located in the small downtown of Guerneville in the Somona Wine Country of California, and is affiliated with AutoCamp Yosemite in the Sierras. A few miles from the AutoCamp Russian River property is Armstrong Woods State Regional Park and the Pacific Ocean, along with the Sonoma Coast State Park, is just twenty minutes away. This gated glamping campgrounds (glamours camping) allows visitors to enjoy being surrounded by redwoods with all the comforts of a hotel or cabin, including Wi-Fi throughout the property and a few places to hangout and relax.
AutoCamp Russian River has one modified wheelchair accessible place to stay, cabin #7, which is closest to the parking lot. Four designated handicapped parking spots are situated on a paved asphalt pad and links to a paved pathway that leads to the units and lodge. A ramp weaves up to the main floor of the lodge where visitors can speak to a hotel representative, check-in, and buy snacks, beverages and other supplies as needed. It’s encouraged that visitors bring food, but there are also grocery markets and a couple of restaurants in close proximity. Visitors are given the option to pay for breakfast items provided by property, but there is also a café located right across the street called Baked on the River that has local coffee, espresso, tea, wine, beer as well as baked goodies, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert items.
- Lower Area: Paved deck with raised cooking grill, a couple of chairs and a table. A cast iron skillet fraying pan can be borrowed if needed. (Visitors must purchase “wood-free” burning materials from the main desk. Wood cannot be used. S’mores kits with six marshmallows, two Hershey’s chocolate bars and a pack of graham crackers can also be purchased at the main desk.)
- Upper Area: A large wooden deck has chairs and table with an umbrella.
- Door: Opens with a number code on panel.
- Roll-up sink.
- 2 burner stovetop.
- Cabinet space above sink for storage.
- Small side-counter for items.
- Cookware, flatware and silverware.
- Kettle, coffee, tea, sugar, and cream.
- Mini refrigerator (no freezer).
- Lowered Microwave.
- Small, portable folding table.
- Couch that turns into a single bed.
- Flat screen television with Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO, etc.
- Electric and USB power outlets near couch and TV.
- Heating and cooling controls.
- Full-Size Bed: Memory foam mattress with access to one side of the bed and one nightstand.
- Curtains: Auto-controlled with wall panel.
- Room Light Switch: Near bedside table.
- Reading lamps: Both sides of the bed.
- Power outlets: Both sides of the bed.
- Closet: Stacked drawers and lowered closet (no hangers).
- Mirror: Long-length and mounted on the wall.
- Sliding door.
- Roll-in shower with grab-bars, a mounted bench and hand-held nozzle.
- Soap, shampoo and conditioner are placed on a ledge near the window.
- Sink: Roll-up with a mirror.
- Toilet: Grab-bars with front or side-transfer option.
- Fan, heating and cooling controls.
- Sliding door.